Mini Pita Pizzas
- 4 Joseph’s Mini Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can prepared tomato sauce, or about 15 ounces homemade
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded or cut into mini rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh shredded basil to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- On a lined baking sheet, arrange the pitas.
- Brush both sides of each pita with the oil mixture.
- Spread sauce over each pita, to taste.
- Top the pitas with cheese and sliced tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with shredded basil, and serve.