Curried Chickpea Pitas
- 4 Joseph’s Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pitas
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Two (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Handful of carrot sticks
- Stir together the mayonnaise, vinegar, curry powder, and turmeric. Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- Add the chickpeas, celery, shallots, and parsley, and mix to combine.
- Line the four pitas with lettuce and fill with the chickpea salad. Top with carrots, and serve.