Game Day Turkey Meatball Sliders
- 1 (6.5-ounce) pack Joseph’s Mini Pita Snacks4 Joseph’s Mini Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita
- 2 pounds ground turkey, 93% lean
- 1 cup bread crumbs, panko, or rolled oats
- 2/3 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) container of tzatziki
- 1 large cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 1 on-the-vine tomato, finely diced
- Dried basil to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, eggs, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls (you should have around 48 total).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Coat a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray and set it on top of the prepared baking sheet.
- Arrange the meatballs on the rack, brush with the oil, and bake until browned with crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread the tzatziki onto each pita.
- Place a cucumber slice on each pita; it should take up about half of the pita.
- On the other half, place a few diced tomatoes.
- Place meatball on top in the middle, overlapping the cucumber and tomato. Secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle with dried basil and black pepper to taste.
Pro Tip: This recipe makes extra meatballs. Freeze the rest, and enjoy throughout the week!