Our Turkey Meatball Sliders will be your secret weapon every game day. Made with lean turkey, Joseph’s All Natural Mini Pita Snacks, tzatziki, and veggies, this quick appetizer or snack means less time in the kitchen and more time catching every play and pass.
- 2 pounds ground turkey 93% lean
- 1 cup bread crumbs or panko or rolled oats
- 2/3 cup onion minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1- 6.5 oz. Pack Joseph’s Mini Pita Snacks
- 1- 12 oz. container of tzatziki
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 on-the-vine tomato
- dried basil
- pinch of black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, eggs, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Mix well. Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls (you should have around 48 total).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Coat a wire rack with nonstick spray and set on prepared baking sheet.
- Arrange meatballs on rack, brush with oil, and bake until browned with crispy edges, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dice tomato into small cubes using a cutting board.
- Cut the cucumber in half along the long side, slice into smaller pieces so that the cucumber resembles a half moon.
- Spread tzatziki onto each Mini Pita Snack using a teaspoon.
- Place each cucumber piece onto the mini pita, it should take up half of the pita.
- On the other half of the mini pita snack, place a few diced tomatoes using a spoon.
- Place meatball on top of the mini pita, cucumber and tomato pieces. Secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle snacks with dried basil and cracked black pepper.
Pro Tip: This recipe makes extra meatballs, freeze the rest for later and enjoy throughout the week!