Fattoush Salad with homemade pita chips
Prep + Cook time
- 2 Joseph’s Pita Bread (Flax or Original)
- Ground sumac (or other spice blend like Za’atar)
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Heart of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 5 Green onions (both white and green parts), chopped
- 5 radishes, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Create the pita chips: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Slice each pita bread into triangles with a pizza cutter. Pile the pita pita wedges on to a cookie sheet and spray with olive oil. Season with salt, sumac and any other spices you would like. Bake until golden, around 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions with the sliced radish and parsley.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil and add spices in a small bowl. Use 1 tsp of sumac, a pinch of cinnamon and allspice.
- Add the salad dressing and toss lightly. Finally, add the pita chips and more sumac spice to taste and toss one more time. Transfer to smaller serving bowls and enjoy!