GRILLED PORTOBELLO PITA FAJITAS
Prep + Cook time
- 1 package of Joseph’s Original Pita Bread
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium orange bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 large mushrooms (of your choice; we chose portobello mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- Few dashes of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flake
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 Lime
- Optional: Cilantro
- To prep for this grilled portobello pita fajita recipe, start by cutting peppers, onions, and mushrooms into slices.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) in cast iron skillet on stovetop.
- For the seasoning: combine chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and red pepper flake into small mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- When cast iron skillet is hot, add sliced onions and peppers. Mix with wooden spoon, cooking until you see that they are browning and charred. Remove from skillet.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of EVOO to skillet. Add mushrooms, cooking until brown.
- Add seasoning mixture to mushrooms, stirring until coated.
- Add back the onions and peppers to the skillet to finish cooking (about 5 minutes).
- Remove skillet from stove top. Optional: Add cilantro for garnish.
- Serve by adding vegetable mixture onto Joseph’s Original Pita. Squeeze of lime to finish.