pita chips- Quick & easy
Making pita chips at home is so much easier than you would think and makes for a healthy and versatile snack option. You can use them in place of tortilla chips with salsa or with just about any dip. They are great for entertaining and can be made in advance and warmed up quickly before serving.
- 3 Joseph’s pita breads
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Slice each pita bread in half.
- Pile the half pita and cut into 6 wedges so that each pita provides 12 triangular wedges and 3 pitas provides 36 wedges.
- Option to cut into smaller pieces for smaller chips
- Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil or cooking spray
- Place wedges in one layer on baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the pita pieces with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake until golden, around 10 minutes.
- Salt to taste
- Option to spice chips with garlic powder or your favorite seasonings.
- Serve and enjoy warm out of the oven
* Makes about 6 servings