Joseph’s Cheesy Pancake Cannelloni with Spinach is a great elegant meal with Gorgonzola, Parmesan and Mozzarella. It’s really something that satisfies even most choosy palates anh take care of health with Joseph’s Heart-Friendly, Low Carb Pancakes products.
1 x pack 6 Joseph’s Pancakes
1 x 300 g tub fresh cheese sauce, shopped
For the filling:
1 x 225 g bag young leaf spinach, pre-washed
½ oz (10 g) butter
half a 150 g mozzarella cheese, chopped into small cubes (reserve half)
3 oz (75 g) Gorgonzola Piccante cheese, crumbled
1 oz (25 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
1 whole nutmeg
4 spring onions, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the topping:
the other half of the 150 g mozzarella cheese, chopped into fine cubes
½ oz (10 g) parmesan, grated
*Makes 2 servings
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF (gas mark 6).
- Put spinach in a big saucepan with butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing it around until it droops. You can also microwave it according to instructions.
- Drain well spinach in a colander. Move it to a bowl. Monce it roughly, stir in half of the mozzarella, Gorgonzola and parmesan. Add a good grating of nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix everything well. Add monced spring onions (including the green parts) and 2 tablespoons of cheese sauce. Stir well.
- Now microwave Joseph’s pancakes according to the instructions on the packet to soften them. You can also heat them shortly in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cover each pancake with 2 tablespoons of the filling. Roll them up, tucking in the edges.
- Place pancakes in a well-buttered dish (approximately 7½ inches).
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella all over them. Pour the rest of sauce over the top, spreading it right up to the edges. Lastly drizzle over parmesan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes on the top shelf in the oven, until the top turns brown and the sauce is guggling.