Joseph’s Chicken and Cheese Tortilla Lasagna is quick, simple and so yummy! A fabulous snack, or a complete meal if paired with a salad. Totally satisfying in every way. Also in terms of health with Joseph’s No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Low Carb Tortilla. A wonderfully flexible recipe. Indulge your own taste and add extra cheese, chicken, or onions…
8 Joseph’s corn tortillas, cut in half
1 cup tortilla chips
1 can (10 oz) Enchilada Sauce
2 cup diced chicken
1 8 oz container sour cream
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
2 cups Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup tomatoes, minced
2 tablespoons ripe olives, stoned
*Makes 6 servings
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Shower a glass baking dish (size: 13×9) with cooking spray.
- Put aside 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Mix leftover enchilada sauce, chicken, sour cream, 1/4 cup onions and taco seasoning in a big bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of baking dish.
- Place 8 tortilla pieces over sauce, overlapping as necessary. Spread half of chicken mixture over tortillas, drizzle with 2/3 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until thoroughly warmed.
- Uncover. Over the top of casserole layer tortilla chips, tomatoes, olives, leftover 1/4 cup onions and remaining 2/3 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered for around 5 minutes longer.
Let stand about 10 minutes before you serve.