Joseph’s Hoi Sin Roast Pork Pancakes drip with an oriental delight. Those savoury and crispy aromatic pork pancakes are guaranteed to steal your heart and please your palate totally and for ever… Plus you get Pancakes Low in Carb and Heart-Friendly from Joseph’s Bakery.
8 Joseph’s Whole Wheat Pancakes
600g pork fillet
Half cucumber, peeled
4 spring onions
Hoi sin sauce, for serving
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon hoi sin sauce
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon five spice powder
*Makes 4 servings
- Cut cucumber and spring onions into thin matchsticks and chill.
- Heat the oven to 430°F (Gas 7).
- Chop pork fillet into c.a. 6 inch pieces.
- Marinate it in honey, hoi sin, soy, sesame oil and five spice powder for two hours or all night.
- Put on a rack set above a roasting tray half-full with water. Roast for 30 minutes, basting with marinade once or twice.
- At the end of cooking smear with 1 tablespoon honey. Put under the grill for 1-2 minutes, check for burning. Rest it while steaming Joseph’s pancakes over simmering salt water for 5 minutes. You can also pack in foil and heat for 10 minutes in a moderate.
- Thinly slice the pork and place on a platter with the vegies and hoi sin sauce.
- To eat, distribute a teaspoon of hoi sin sauce on a pancake. Garnish with pork, cucumber and spring onions.
- Wrap like a nappy and enjoy!