Joseph’s Corn and Black Bean Tortilla Pie is a great sweet corn and creamy black bean mix with a spicy kick and cheesy finish. Simply a dish not to pass on. Especially that it is healthy with Joseph’s No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Low Carb Tortilla. So let’s do some cooking then!
4 Joseph’s flour tortillas
1 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 cobs worth of corn kernels
1 cup cooked shredded chicken
2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, minced
4 jalapenos, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper, to taste
4 green onions, minced
1/2 cup salsa verde
* Makes 4 servings
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes the onion, jalapeno peppers, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper until the onion softens.
- Stir in beans and salsa verde. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the corn, chicken and green onions and take away from heat.
- Layer the tortillas, corn mixture and cheese in the spring form pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes in a pre-heated 400°F oven until the cheese melts.
- Decorate with minced green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.