Joseph’s Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas are wonderfully cheesy, somewhat spicy with a hint of sweet. You can’t go wrong with the combination of sweet corn, creamy black beans with gentle chili kick and melted cheese toasted in tortillas. And you won’t go wrong with Joseph’s Reduced Carb, Heart-Friendly Tortilla.
8 (8 inch) Joseph’s flour tortillas
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons thinly minced onion
1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
* Makes 8 servings
- In a big saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for about 2 minutes until softened.
- Add beans and corn. Next stir in sugar, salsa, and pepper flakes. Mix all well.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until warmed through.
- In a big frying-pan melt 2 teaspoons of butter over medium heat.
- Put a tortilla in the pan, shower evenly with cheese, and next top with some of the bean mixture.
- Put another tortilla on top. Cook until turns golden. Next flip and cook on the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of tortillas and stuffing.