Joseph’s Corn Tortilla Quiche is simple to prepare and delicious. It makes a teriffic morning meal for kids and grown-ups alike. And is healthy with Joseph’s No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Low Carb Tortilla. Try it for fun and yummy treat in your mouth!
5 Joseph’s corn tortillas
1 pound bulk pork sausage
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can green chilies, minced
*Makes 8 servings
- Sprinkle a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place 4 Joseph’s tortillas on the bottom so they overlap and protrude about 1/2 inch over the edge of the plate.
- Put fifth tortilla over the middle.
- Brown the sausage and drain it very well.
- Top tortilla crust with sausage, green chilies and shredded cheeses.
- Mix eggs, cream, cottage cheese in a bowl. You can spice it with chili powder.
- Cautiously distribute egg mixture over ingredients in crust.
- Bake in 375°F for 45 minutes until it turns golden brown and puffed up.
- Slice into wedges and serve.