Joseph’s Eggplant Pancake Rolls make a great cocktail food for vegetarians. And those who are not in for eggplant because of its somewhat unattractive look – dark and mushy – are guaraneed to be surprised how great this dish tastes! And how healthy it is thanks to Joseph’s Heart-Friendly, Low Carb Pancakes.
6 Joseph’s Pancakes
1 medium eggplant
2 tablespoons peanut oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine or brandy
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cucumber, seeded and cut into matchsticks
4 spring onions, thinely sliced lengthwise
*Makes 6 servings
- Cut eggplant into 0.60 inch slices longwise. Next cut these into 0.60 inch-wide sticks. Lastly cut these sticks into c.a. 2,40 inch lengths.
- Heat oil in a wok pan over a medium heat.
- Add eggplant and garlic. Stir to cover in the oil. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until it is browned.
- Stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing or brandy, ginger and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime heat Joseph’s pancakes in microwave or in toaster.
- Distrubute the eggplant filling on warm pancakes.