Joseph’s Breakfast Mix Wraps make a great breakfast idea both for kids and grown-ups. Brace up for fruity taste explosion! Credits for nutrition and health factor, too. You get No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Low Carb Tortilla products from Joseph’s Bakery.
2 (10- or 11-inch) Joseph’s flour tortillas
1/4 cup minced almonds
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup minced dried apricots
1/4 cup banana chips
2 teaspoons honey
1 cup shredded wheat cereal, broken into pieces
2 tablespoons apricot preserves
*Makes 2 servings
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes until almonds are fragrant and look shiny (from the oils they’ve released). Take out from the oven and leave to cool.
- Mix together almonds, yogurt, apricots, banana chips and honey well. Fold in the shredded wheat.
- Warm up Joseph’s tortillas in a big non stick frying-pan over medium-high heat, around 15 seconds on every side. (You can also microwave tortillas on ‘High’ for about 10 to 15 seconds. Or you can wrap them in aluminum foil and heat in the oven at 350°F for about 3 to 5 minutes.)
- Split apricot preserves among the tortillas. Cover evenly each tortilla but leave minimum a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Split cereal mixture and distribute in a 2 x 5-inch rectangle on the bottom half of each tortilla.
- Fold the right and left edges of the tortilla over the stuffing, toward the center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla toward the center. Roll delicately until the tortilla is entirely wrapped around the stuffing.
- Serve at once.