Joseph’s Greek-Style Pita Bread Sandwich gives you the true taste for Mediterranean with a delicious feta, olives and artichoke combination. Great snack made of No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Low Carb Pita Bread.
2 Joseph’s pita breads
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 small garlic clove, minced
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 thinly sliced red onion rings
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 pickled artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
12 black olives, stoned
Salt and pepper
Fresh oregano, minced
*Makes 4 servings
- Mix oil and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Fill each pita breads pocket with oil and garlic mixture. Put 2 to 3 tomato slices inside.
- Cover each pita bread with 3 onion rings and half of feta cheese.
- Decorate feta cheese with artichoke slices and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If prepared earlier, pack sandwiches into plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Take out from refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving.
- If you want you can shower sandwiches with minced oregano just before you serve them.