Joseph’s Jerk Seasoned Pork Tortilla Wraps with Mango and Banana Relish make a dazing combo of spicy heat and the balm of cool and refreshing sweetness. And it is good for your health as you get No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Low Carb Tortilla from Joseph’s Bakery. You’ll enjoy every mouthful of this surprising texture of flavors…
12 large Josep’s tortillas (delicately toasted/warmed)
1 2 1/2 pound pork butt
2 tablespoons jerk seasoning paste
1 batch mango and banana relish (see for recipe below)
* Makes 6 servings
2 large mangoes; peeled, stoned and cut into small pieces
2 bananas, peeled and cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1/4 cup red onion, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- To make relish, mix all relish ingredients together.
- Rub jerk seasoning all over pork.
- Place pork into slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low heat.
- Take pork out and shred with 2 forks.
- Put pork back into the liquid in slow cooker. Cook for about 20 minutes, without the lid, until the liquid is reduced to a thick sauce.
- Make tortilla wraps with pork, jerk spice reduction to taste, plus mango and banana relish.