Joseph’s Mediterranean Roast Beef Pita has it all – is simple to prepare, filling and so tasteful plus health-caring as you get it all on No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Low Carb Pita Bread.
4 Joseph’s whole wheat pita pockets
½ pound roast beef, cut into slim strips
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup finely sliced cucumber
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons non-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
*Makes 4 servings
- Toast pine nuts. Put in a dry frying pan over medium heat. Stir from time to time till delicately browned, around 3 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl toss nuts, beef, lettuce, cucumber, onion, carrots and feta cheese together.
- Cut off ¼ of every pita. Fill bigger piece with stuffing.
- In another bowl beat mayonnaise, milk and vinegar.
- Sprinkle dressing over pita stuffing.
- Serve with left ¼ pita.