Joseph’s Pita Bread with Tofu Balls is yummy, healthy and giant in protein. Plus it is No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Low Carb Pita Bread. All in one snack or meal.
1 Joseph’s pita bread
16 oz firm tofu
½ cup dry breadcrumbs
2 ea eggs
1 x oregano
1 x black pepper
½ cup parmesan cheese
2 ea cloves garlic, chopped
1 ea onion, chopped
2 cup spaghetti sauce
½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
* Makes about 1 serving
- Pulp up tofu with your bare hands until it has the ‘look and feel’ of cottage cheese.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and then stir in oregano, pepper, breadcrumbs, garlic, and parmesan cheese except tofu.
- Pulp up tofu again until crumbly.
- Add the ingredients through the onions, blend well.
- Mold mixture into small balls.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until browned.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. Keep in the oven until sauce is hot and cheese melted.
- Serve with Joseph’s pita bread.