Joseph’s Egg Salad Bread Pitas make a great take-along lunch. Plus its health factor is a huge advantage – from Joseph’s you get No Cholesterol, No Trans Fats, Low Carb Pita Bread.
2 Joseph’s whole wheat pita breads
5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons thinly chopped green onion
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet relish
*Makes 4 servings
- Mash or chop eggs roughly in a bowl with a fork or blender
- Add cottage cheese, red pepper, celery, green onions, mayonnaise, and relish. Mix all until well-blended.
- Salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Cut each Joseph’s pita bread in half. Cover each pita pocket with lettuce leaf.
- Fill with egg salad mixture, approx. 1/2 cup in each pita pocket.